The deep-set role of men in decision-making in the household, the lack of self-identity, the legally justified abuse and “corrective” violence, and the boy-child preference all serve to institutionalize gender inequalities, which are then internalized by the women themselves. Gender inequality is an issue that affect women and girls in terms of:
- Economic exclusion;
- Financial systems that perpetuate their discrimination;
- Limited participation in political and public life;
- Lack of access to education and poor retention of girls in schools;
- Gender-based violence;
- Harmful cultural practices,
- Exclusion of women from peace tables,
This project is aimed to empowering women to participate fully in economic life across all sectors is essential. This is to build stronger economies, achieve internationally agreed goals for development and sustainability, and improve the quality of life for women, men, families and communities.
Would you like to be involved in our programs and sign up as a volunteer? Click this link.