Here are answers to all questions you may want to ask about JUPEB Programme;
Yes.We are awarding partial scholarship to requested candidates who apply for our scholarship program for JUPEB. We are waiving up to 10% of the tuition fee to such students depending on our assessment of candidates’ need. Terms and conditions applied
The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) is a national examinations body approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium of ten (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.
The board has the responsibility of conducting common and standard examinations for the candidates, who have been exposed to a minimum of one-year approved courses in the different Universities’ Foundation and/or Diploma Programmes and are seeking Direct Entry admissions into University courses at the 200 Level in Nigerian and partnering foreign
- Approved: By the Federal Government as a platform for securing admission into higher institution in the country and abroad
- Proven: Yearly, about 20,000 applicants put in for the programme in which about 70% of the applicants successfully secure admission into the 200 level to their proffered institutions and courses of studies.
- Certified by Nigeria University Commission (NUC) as an advanced level examination that qualify students into 200 level via direct entry.
Prospective JUPEB candidates are required to select any three (3) A/L JUPEB subject combination identified with their preferred course of study in the University, be it Art, Science or Social Science Course. Candidate would then be lectured for the stipulated period at their respective study centres and thereafter sit for the final examination. On completion of the programme, successful candidates accordingly utilize their JUPEB certificate to secure admission into 200 level in any Nigerian Tertiary Institutions via Direct Entry and some foreign universities.
JUPEP currectly offers examination in the following subjects
Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies.
Economics, Government/Literature in English
All the combinations in 1,3,4,5,6,7 & 8
Government/Literature in English/Christian Religious Studies
Government/Literature in English/Islamic Religious Studies
Candidates are to note that the above listed subject combinations meet the requirements (as applicable) for admission into degree programmes into Arts, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and sciences courses in all JUPEB-affiliated Universities in Nigeria.
JUPEB certificate is presently recognized and accepted in Nigerian federal, state and private universities. Listed below are some of the universities:
- Federal University of Agriculture, Abueokuta
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife
- University of Benin, Benin City
- University of Ilorin, Ilorin
- University of Lagos, Akoka – Lagos
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt
- University of Uyo, Uyo
- Achievers University, Owo, Ondo State
- Adeleke University, Ede. Osun State
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Ajayi Crowther University, Oyo State
- Al-Hikmah University, Ilorin, Kwara State
- Babcock University, Inishan – Remo, Ogun State
- Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State
- Bells University of Technology, Ota, Ogun State
- Caleb University, Imota, Lagos State
- Chrisland University, Abeokuta, Ogun State
- Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Crawford University, Igbesa
- Crescent University, Abeokuta
- Edwin Clark University, Kiagbodo, Delta State
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Enugu, Enugu State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ikwo, Ebonyi State
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State
- Fountain University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Godfery Okoye University, Enugu State
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University (JABU), Ikeji Arakeji, Osun State
- Kwararafa University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Lagos State University, Ojo,Lagos,Lagos State
- Lead City University, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Mountain Top University, Makogi Oba, Ogun State
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island, Bayelsa State
- Osun State University, Osogbo, Osun State
- Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye, Ogun State
- Paul University, Akwa
- Redeemers University, Ede, Osun State
- Salem University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State
- Tai Solarin University of Education, Ijagun, Ijebu-Ode
- University of Mkar, Mkar, Benue State
- Wellspring University, Irhirhi, Benin City.
JUPEB A’level Programme runs for a minimum of one academic session divided into 2 (two) semesters.
Eligible Candidates must possess minimum of 5 Credits in O`Level certificate (at maximum of two sittings) and in at least 5 subjects (inclusive of English Language) relevant to the candidates’ desired course of study in the University.
Yes. Visit http:/www.jupeb.edu.ng
Yes. This gives you multiple choice of admission.
See the application details here
Click this link to download the form
|4.||Administrative (ID card, medical test, orientation and graduation)||
|For science students|
|50% on arrival, 30% at the end of first semester and 20% by 3 weeks before final exams|
50% on arrival, 30% at the end of first semester and 20% by 3 weeks before final exams